Friday, July 15, 2011

Peace

Peace has been a topic on my mind lately. It's something I'd been praying about as well. I think peace is something that everyone longs and attempts to find. We look for peace through life circumstances, grades, job security, money, whatever.    We yearn for peace with ourselves, peace with others, and peace with God.  And I think I struggle to know what peace really is and how to have it. Is it the absence of tension and of struggle? Is it total contentment with life? If we are honest, life will never be free of strife and struggle. And I for one,  feel that I am never completely content with life and always striving for more within myself and the world around me. So then, what is peace? What does the peace of God look like?

Like most of the questions I've been posing lately, the answer seems to be found in Christ.  Despite the unstable world around us and despite my inconstant heart and sometimes wavering faith, our salvation and peace with God is found in the cross and through Christ.

"For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one, and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit."  Ephesians 2:14-18 

No comments:

Post a Comment